On November 9th and 10th from 6 to 9 pm, the Crag Law Center will be hosting the Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival on Tour. Originating in Nevada City, the Wild & Scenic Film Festival sprouted one common goal: to use film to inspire activism. This will be the fifth time that the Wild & Scenic Film Festival has come to Hood River, Oregon.
This year’s films will be shown in downtown Hood River at the Columbia Center for the Arts. The festival features a range of films from near and far that will appeal to a broad range of interests. By focusing the lens on issues that matter to local people, the festival seeks to empower local people to protect the natural beauty of their communities.
Advance tickets are now available for purchase online and will also be available for in person purchase by October 1st at Doug’s Sports, Waucoma books and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Weekend Pass $15 (Friday & Saturday Night Admission)
Donate & Get a Free Weekend Pass! Make a donation of $35 or more to Crag Law Center and receive a free weekend pass!
All tickets and donations will support Crag’s work to protect farm and forestland in the Hood River Valley and the livability of our communities through advocacy, education and strategic litigation. Crag is currently working on stopping coal export through the Columbia River Gorge, protection of the Wild & Scenic White Salmon River from sprawl, protecting the backcountry Wilderness on Mt. Hood at Cooper Spur and enforcing the Clean Water to protect wild fish from industrial logging practices.
Friday’s Program (1 hr & 30 minutes)
- Seasons: Winter (Skip Armstrong & Ryan Bailey; USA)
- The Craziest Ideas: Year of the River (Andy Maser; USA)
- Chasing Water (Pete McBride; USA)
- Liter of Light (Nick Santiago & Mike Talampas; Philippines)
- Corner Plot (Andre Dahlman & Ian Cook; USA)
- Kadoma (Ben Stookesberry; USA)
- Troubled Waters (Parrinello, Antonelli, Dusenbery; El Salvador)
Saturday’s Program (1 hr & 30 minutes)
- A Skiers Journey: Baffin Island (Jordan Manley; Canada)
- The Work of 1000 (Susan Edwards & Dorie Clark; USA)
- Weed War (Rich Addicks; USA)
- Towers of Ennedi (Camp 4 Collective; USA)
- Look to the Ground (Radical Films/Bjorn Enge; USA)
- COLD (Anson Fogel & Cory Richards; USA
Watch trailers and learn more about the films here!
Special Thanks to our Local Sponsors: