Why should you donate stocks and securities?
If you hold stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have risen in value, and you have held them long term (more than one year and one day), consider donating them to Crag Law Center.
You can make an outright donation, or you can fund a gift that returns payments to you, such as a charitable gift annuity.
A Financially Smart Move
Support Crag’s work by making a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. A gift of appreciated securities provides significant benefits, including an immediate charitable deduction for the full market value of the stock and avoidance of capital gains taxes that would normally be due upon sale.
- Qualifies you for a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the security on the gift date, which is generally deductible up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income.
- When you transfer the securities directly to Crag, you won’t incur capital gains tax.
- Allows you to gain a greater tax benefit than if you simply sold the securities yourself and donated the cash from the sale.
- Your gift of stock or mutual funds can also be used to fund a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, which can provide you with income for life. Please consult your financial advisor or attorney for more information!
How to Give Stock
- Instruct your broker to transfer shares to Crag Law Center.
- Contact us at 503-525-2724 or email@example.com to provide information about your gift.
- The proceeds from your gift will support Crag’s work.
Crag Stock Transfer Information:
Please note that transfers of stock can take several weeks to complete.
Depending on your situation, it is usually a simple matter of signing a form or letter to authorize the transfer. If you are interested in donating stock, please contact:
Suzanne Savell, Development Director
Crag Law Center
3141 E. Burnside St.
Portland, OR 97214