You’re invited to Lost in the Wild, Crag’s “wild” annual fundraiser to celebrate our recent victories and raise $100,000 to protect wild places across the Pacific Northwest.
Join the Crag team, our community supporters and clients, for a wild-inspired, in-person event on Thursday, November 30, 2023 from 6-9 PM at the Ecotrust Irving Street Studio, 907 NW Irving St, Portland, OR 97209.
You will be taken to a secure third-party website (SchoolAuction) to buy tickets, and you information will be safely saved to let you easily participate in future event activities, including the raffle, silent auction, best dressed contest, and more.
Every dollar raised at Lost in the Wild goes directly to supporting our mission to protect the Pacific Northwest’s communities, climate, and wild places.
There’ll be wild-inspired dinner and drinks, updates from our team, dancing, a fantastic silent auction, best dressed contest, photo booth, and dancing!
Here’s what to expect
● Enjoy wild-inspired bites and beverages: Each ticket includes hors d’oeuvres, a buffet style dinner, and 1 complimentary beverage from the bar. Soft drinks and wine are provided for free. Reserved seats and tables are available through sponsorship packages.
● Hear from Crag staff attorneys about our recent victories protecting forests and wildlife habitat.
● Learn about our ongoing forest protection work.
● Bid on our silent and online auctions – select items will only be available for bidding at the event!
● Pose for the camera! Get your glamor shots taken with Mirifoto and take a turn or three in the Happymatic photobooth.
● Compete or vote in the Best Dressed Contest. The top Lost in the Wild looks will win prizes and raise funds to support Crag
● Boogie down to wild beats with DJ Papi Fimbres!
How much are tickets?
Our suggested ticket price for this event is $100 and reflects the fair market value.
Each ticket includes hors d’oeuvres, buffet style dinner, and 1 complimentary beverage from the bar. Soft drinks are provided for free. Reserved seats and tables are available through sponsorship packages.
We offer sliding scale admission with tickets and sponsorship. If you are unsure what level feels right for you on a sliding scale, this graphic by Alexis J. Cunningfolk is a great way to check. Please choose a ticket price or sponsorship package that feels right for you!
If you would like to support Crag beyond the fair market value of your ticket, consider purchasing a sponsorship ticket or package. Any amount over $100 per guest will count as a charitable donation to Crag!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in no cost tickets or volunteer opportunities.
What is the dress code?
Wild-inspired attire is encouraged. We encourage you to have fun and dress up in whatever way our “Lost in the Wild” theme inspires you. Dress to impress, and you just might win a prize and raise some funds for Crag while you’re at it!
How do I enter the Best Dressed Contest?
Entering the contest is easy! When you arrive, head to the Best Dressed station, where we’ll take your photo and add you to the contest. Once you are entered, your photo will appear in the contest, and you can work the room and ask people to cast votes for your look. Votes are given as donations to Crag, with each vote = $5.
Winners of the Best Dressed contest will be decided by the most votes earned from fellow party-goers.
After the dinner program, we will present all contestants on the “cat walk,” and give our party-goers one last chance to cast their votes, and we will crown this year’s winners.
How do I bid in the online auction?
Sign up here to bid in our online auction.
Bidding opens at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 24, 2023 and closes at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 3. Bidding on“Super Silent” items will close at 8:00pm on Thursday, November 30 during our event.
I can’t be there in person - how can I support your work?
There are many ways to support us, even if you can’t be there in person.
● Make a donation: We are currently facing an urgent need to expand capacity in an area of our work that represents the inextricable link between ecosystem protection and climate change mitigation: defending mature and old growth forests. Help us raise $100,000 to support our forest work in this critical time. Donate here.
● Sign up here to bid in our online auction. Bidding opens at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 24, 2023 and closes at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 3. it our Sponsorships page.
● Donate an item for our online auction by filling out this form.
Do I need to buy a ticket in advance or will there be tickets available at the door?
Because we are providing dinner, it is important for us to have an idea of how many people to expect. We ask that you please RSVP or purchase tickets in advance. We will have a limited number of tickets available at the door. However, we cannot guarantee you’ll get in if you show up without an advance ticket.
Is there parking at the venue?
The Ecotrust Building has a visitor’s parking lot with 36 spots. Each spot is limited to 2-hour. Parking is strictly enforced by a third party.
Alternative Parking & Transportation Details:
- Additional parking is located behind the Ecotrust building in the Postal Office West lot on 9th Ave, between Irving and Johnson Street. This lot boasts over 100 parking spaces. The rates are approximately $4.00/hr. All-day parking is $12.00 and must be paid through the app. It is recommended for all event guests to download the REEF app prior to the event, given that Wifi in the lot can be spotty. Ecotrust is unable to rent out the entire lot for events.
- City Center Parking operates multiple lot options near the Natural Capital Center and offers pay for-parking at an hourly or daily rate
○ Lot located at USPS property (NW 9th Ave. between NW Irving St. and NW Johnson St.)
○ Station Place parking garage (1025 NW Marshall St.)
Is it easy to get there by public transit?
Yes! The Ecotrust building is located on the Portland Streetcar line and easily accessible by bus. Learn more here. https://trimet.org/home/
Can I volunteer?
Yes! Please get in touch with us if you are interested in volunteering at our event on 11/30/2023. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it all ages?
All ages are welcome to attend the event, however, there will not be any specific activities for children, so you may want to leave the kiddos at home.